Culturalia is a not-for-profit organisation created in January 2002 by a group of friends and colleagues. Culturalia’s objectives are linked to the exchange of experience and knowledge
among professionals of various disciplines and backgrounds. Language learning and teaching is one area of Culturalia’s work.
At Culturalia we care for the environment; we try to reduce our carbon footprint in as many ways as possible and we take part in reforestation efforts. We are against animal cruelty and support a local animal shelter on a monthly basis. We also support other local and regional charities through periodical donations. We engage with institutions, people and initiatives that seek to create a better society in Comitán, Chiapas and Mexico.
We expect everyone working with Culturalia to respect our efforts.
Our students are at the heart of everything we do. At Culturalia we strive to create a genuine partnership in education and culture; we encourage self-reliance, honesty and respect, we
constantly look for ways to improve ourselves and we expect our partners to share our efforts.
Culturalia will be an organisation working at the highest levels of quality in teaching. We will provide a stimulating environment and will promote enthusiasm for learning in an attempt to
break the cycle that hinders personal and professional growth.
As an organization:
- we work to provide quality education and services
- we adopt a disciplined approach to developing, improving and refining our programs and services
- we make the time and space to solve problems
- we address unacceptable behaviour and deal with it quickly and fairly
- we treat everyone as valued members of a team
As an individual:
- I take responsibility for my performance and development
- I support the best way of doing things, not just my way
- I am courteous and respectful to classmates, colleagues and all members of the school
- I address problems directly but considerately
- I am open to change and respond flexibly to it
- I am part of a team and work to achieve our common goals
- I am an ambassador for the school and this is reflected in my actions outside the school